In the winter, the weather changes may cause some people who are not physically healthy, such as the elderly with medical conditions. Young children with low immunity May get sick more easily than usual. Because winter is often accompanied by viruses and bacteria as a precaution, let's look at the diseases that come with winter and how to protect yourself.
- Is a disease that occurs every season if our body is weak. But during the cold season, the chance of getting the flu is more than twice that. The common cold has hundreds of cold viruses that can cause disease.
- Symptoms found are low fever, runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing, throat irritation, generally resolving within 1 week.
- Maintaining adequate rest, drinking plenty of water, taking paracetamol antipyretic drugs. Mucus and cough suppressants This disease will disappear naturally without complications.
- Preventing regular exercise. Get enough rest Keep your body warm and eat 5 food Group, especially fruits and vegetables that contain vitamin C can help prevent colds.
- Influenza pandemic usually occurs during winter, caused by the influenza virus. In most cases, this disease is not very dangerous. But in the elderly People with chronic medical conditions such as asthma, emphysema, diabetes, and kidney failure may have many complications.
- Symptoms found include fever, headache, muscle aches. Usually, there are many symptoms in the first 3-4 days, after which there may be sore throat, dry cough, stuffy nose, runny nose. The symptoms generally last 7-10 days.
- Treatment should see a doctor for appropriate treatment.
- Prevention due to diseases that are transmitted from the respiratory tract and from the patient's secretions. Always wear a mask when visiting a community, wash your hands frequently, and get the annual flu vaccine.
- Caused by the lungs with viruses or bacteria in the air sacs. Causing the lung tissue in that area cannot receive oxygen normally
- Symptoms found in chest tightness, wheezing, cough with sputum, high fever. It is often found in patients with respiratory disease. Such as asthma and chronic lung disease patients Some people may have more relapses in winter. Especially if infected with the flu and influenza with
- Treatment should see a doctor for antibiotics and antipyretic drugs. In addition, drink plenty of water. To help reduce phlegm
- Prevention Take good health care so as not to catch a cold and the flu. Found the anti-gastric medication with him and continued to monitor the treatment. Including influenza vaccination, it is another way to prevent pneumonia or pneumonia.
Diarrhea caused by rotavirus
- Caused by rotavirus, which is easily found in winter. And most of the patients are children under the age of 5.
- Symptoms found are very vomiting / unusual diarrhea, lethargy, cold hands, feet, dark urine, little or no urine for more than 6 hours, dry mouth, hollow eyes, crying no tears. In children, there will be a dent in the crown.
- Treatment and treatment according to symptoms. By drinking mineral water to compensate for the loss. Take antihistamines if vomiting occurs frequently. If symptoms of dehydration Little urine output or vomiting, unable to eat Should see a doctor for urgent hospitalization.
- How to prevent and maintain hygiene Food and drinking water cleanliness And wash your hands often And always keep the appliances clean And vaccinated because there is currently a vaccine against this virus
- Viruses are more common in young children who do not have immunity than in adults. Contacted from the patient's coughing, sneezing, saliva the incubation period is 10-14 days.
- Symptoms with high fever and other symptoms, such as mucus, cough, red eyes, gray-white spots on the cheeks, opposite to the inner molar. It will rise for a few days when the disease will disappear afterward. There will also be a red plump rash. After 3-4 days of having a fever, the rash will go from the hairline to the face, body, arms, and down to the legs and it will disappear within 7 days
- How to treat measles is not a serious disease. Treatment can therefore treat symptoms until it is cured.
- How to prevent vaccination for children and for adults without immunity.
- During winter, people with existing allergies may have more symptoms. Or some people who are allergic to dust mites in their bedding during winter may have more symptoms.
- Itchy nose, sneezing eyes, clear mucus Always have nasal congestion Some patients have a rash when itchy cold weather. (cold-induced urticaria) with symptoms during the change of weather A bump may develop in areas exposed to cold weather.
- How to treat patients with extreme symptoms should take antihistamines to reduce symptoms.
No matter what season, how hot the weather is If we keep our body healthy with regular exercise Getting enough sleep, and eating all 5 food groups will help to strengthen our immune system and reduce the risk of illness. And if you take good care of your health but have illnesses above all else, you should have health insurance with you, so you don't have to worry when paying for medical expenses. Interested in getting health insurance See details here