Non-Resident accounts are for:
- Branches or representative offices of Thai corporations established in countries outside Thailand.
- Tourists and other overseas visitors.
- Foreigners temporarily working in Thailand.
- Foreign government agencies, including embassies, consulates, or specialized UN agencies such as ESCAP, FAO, UNICEF, etc.
- International organizations or institutions located in Thailand, but established by the government of the country to which such organizations belong.
Remark: Private-sector organizations currently located in Thailand must open Resident Accounts.Account Types
SCB offers three different non-resident foreign currency account types:
- Savings Accounts
- Fixed Accounts (1, 2, 3, 6, 9, and 12 months)
- Current Accounts (Not allowed to use cheque book).
A total of 10 currencies, including USD, JPY, GBP, EUR, AUD, CAD, DKK, CHF, HKD, and NZD.
Types of transactions availableDeposit
- Foreign cheques or drafts (Clean Bills)
- Foreign banknotes
- Export bills
- Outward remittance by SWIFT or Telex
- Purchase foreign currency drafts
- Purchase traveler’s cheques
- Purchase foreign banknotes
- Import bills
- Purchase Thai bath