The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to promote ethical conduct and compliance with laws and regulations among all executives and employees involved with investor relations in terms of the disclosure and confidentiality of financial statements and any related information.
The obligations of this Code of Conduct supplement, but do not replace, the Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) Employee Code of Conduct and the Policy for Disclosure and Information Transparency, both of which are available under the Corporate Governance Policy. This Code of Conduct applies to all members of the Executive Committee and all other SCB executives and staff involved with Investor Relations disclosure and related activities.
Code of Conduct
All executives and employees involved with Investor Relations disclosures are expected to:
- Engage in and promote proper conduct, including the proper handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest involving personal and professional relationships, and to disclose to the President and/or the Chief Compliance Officer any material transaction or relationship that reasonably could be expected to give rise to a conflict of interest as soon as possible.
- Carry out their responsibilities honestly, in good faith and with integrity, based on the principle of equal treatment, and for the benefit of the company and concerned stake holders rather than their own benefit and, at the same time, respect the policies and employee codes of conduct required by listed companies.
- Disclose information in a fair and transparent manner, allowing all concerned persons/parties to access and inquire about such information.
- Disclose all important and necessary information accurately, adequately, and in a timely manner, such as the disclosure of reports and documents that SCB and its subsidiaries file with, or submit to, the Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulators, and in other public communications made by the Bank.
- Comply with applicable government laws, rules, and regulations.
- Refrain from using any inside information for their own benefit and/or the benefit of others.
- Promptly report (anonymously, if so wished) to the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors any violation of this Code of Conduct or any other matters that would compromise the integrity of the Bank’s financial statements.
The Bank will take all necessary actions to enforce this Code. Any employee, who violates this Code, will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. Violations of this Code of Conduct may also constitute violations of law and lead to criminal or civil penalties.